Produsent: Musical Fidelity
A Preamplifier Without Limits
Musical Fidelity's M8PRE is a preamplifier without limits. From its performance to its connectivity, and through its highest quality fit and finish, the M8 makes a superlative centerpiece for almost any system.
"Peeling Myself Off the Back Wall"
"This enormously powerful [M8PRE/M8700m] pre/power combo sounds extremely refined, tracking dynamic swings in recordings with consummate ease," reports John Bamford in his January 2013 review for England's Hi-fi Newsmagazine. "Rickie Lee's live rendition of 'My Funny Valentine'… had me peeling myself off the listening room's back wall."
The M8PRE boasts a wide array of inputs, meeting the needs of both traditional and modern home entertainment systems. It offers a low-noise MM/MC phono stage; two balanced inputs (one with home theater bypass option), three line inputs (one with home theatre bypass option) and a fully configured tape in/out loop.
The theater bypass feature allows easy integration with systems that use a multi-channel home theater amp or receiver for video content, allowing you to keep the M8PRE in the system for two-channel listening and 'bypass' it with the click of a button. There is also a trigger control for auto turn-on and turn-off with other gear.
Complementing the M8PRE's RCA single-ended and XLR balanced inputs are RCA single-ended and XLR balanced outputs for fully balanced operation.
Science Supports What Your Ears Hear
Technical measurements are testament to the M8's exceptional engineering: from ultra-low distortion to virtually perfect frequency response, the science supports what your ears will also clearly hear.
The M8PRE's design translates into an exceptional performance that can be scientifically measured. Technical analysis shows the M8PRE has miniscule distortion levels (less than 0.003%), extremely low noise (-117 dbA), wide bandwidth (-3 dB 75 kHz) and remarkable frequency response that s ruler-flat within the audio band. Stereo separation is 96 dB at 1KHz.
"We're so confident of the M8PRE's capabilities that we state it will drive any power amplifier over any length of cable," notes Musical Fidelity founder Antony Michaelson. "Though obviously its perfect partner is the matching M8-700 monoblock amplifier."
Truly Fully Balanced Design
The first exceptional element of the M8PRE is its truly fully balanced design. "Most rival pre-amps making similar claims are actually single-ended models with a balanced input and output, this is not the same as being fully balanced throughout, which the M8 offers," reports Antony.
The quality continues with the M8PRE preamplifier's pure 'Class A' circuitry, implemented in subtle and refined configurations. The M8PRE is designed with very high input overload margins. High input impedance plus low output impedance puts the M8PRE in the position of itself being easy to drive, while having the capability to drive any power amp.
Built-in MM/MC Phono Stage
The M8PRE is ready to do your vinyl proud. The built-in high quality phono stage is a low-noise MM/MC moving magnet/moving coil design, with very accurate RIAA, low distortion and wide overload margin – all making the M8PRE a great turntable partner.
Exceptional Power Supply
The M8PRE pre-amp also features an exceptional power supply. Each channel has a 350VA, silent-drive AC transformer, with each stage of each channel featuring its own regulation circuitry for optimized performance and isolation. Current delivery is maximized due to the power supply's ultra-low impedance design.
- Fully balanced design
- Balanced inputs and outputs (plus unbalanced inputs and outputs)
- Home theater bypass
- Pure 'Class A' circuitry
- High input impedance plus low output impedance
- Built-in MM/MC Phono Stage
- Each channel has a 350VA, silent-drive AC transformer, with each stage of each channel featuring its own regulation circuitry
- Ultra-low impedance power supply design
- 12V trigger
- Phono MM/MC inputs: 1 pair MM/MC (switchable) level RCA connectors
- Line inputs: 2 pairs line level XLR (balanced) connectors; 5 pairs line level RCA connectors
- Line outputs: 1 pair line level RCA connectors, constant level TAPE REC outputs; 1 pair line level XLR (balanced) connector outputs; 1 pair line level RCA connector outputs
"This enormously powerful [M8PRE/M8700m] pre/power combo sounds extremely refined, tracking dynamic swings in recordings with consummate ease. Given the eye-watering cost of today's ultra-high-end amplifiers – and the fact that a pair of M8700m monoblocks undercuts the price of Musical Fidelity's flagship Titan power amplifier by a not inconsiderable £8K – these M8 components can be considered a relative 'bargain.'"
"Rickie Lee's live rendition of 'My Funny Valentine'… had me peeling myself off the listening room's back wall."
- John Bamford, Hi-fi News magazine, January 2013
- THD (+ noise): RCA single ended <0.005%; XLR balanced <0.004%
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >118dB ‘A’-weighted
- Input sensitivity for full output (vol. max): 352 mV
- Input impedance: RCA single ended 75K ohm; XLR balanced 150K ohm
- Overload margin: 12 dB
- Channel separation: >96 dB
- Frequency Response: +0, –1dB, 5Hz to 100 kHz
- Output voltage: RCA single ended 9.5 Vrms; XLR balanced 19 Vrms
- Output impedance: 47 ohms
- Input sensitivity: 3.5mV (MM) 440μV (MC)
- Frequency response: RIAA/IEC
- Signal / noise ratio: 81dB ‘A’-weighted
- Input impedance: 47K ohm
- Overload margin: 29 dB
- Power: 115/230VAC 50/60Hz (factory pre-set) 100VAC; 50/60Hz (alternative)
- Power consumption: 25 Watts
- Dimension: 17-1/3" wide, 6-3/8" high (including feet), 15-3/4" deep (including terminals)
- Weight: 37-1/2 lb