Based on the award winning AMG 12J2 12” tonearm, the new 9W2 9” tonearm use a scaled version of our patented dual-pivot bearing. The vertical bearing, similar to a technique used in helicopter rotors, utilizes 2 steel wires that allow fine azimuth adjustment while eliminating bearing play. The horizontal axle is hardened tool steel needle roller bearing.
The aircraft grade aluminum armwand is anodized for resonance control. Identical to the 12J2, the new 9” tonearm’s internal wiring is multiple stranded high-purity copper, and features magnetic anti-skate and precision locking VTA adjustment.
The 9W2, with a pivot to spindle distance of 211mm, is designed for the Linn LP-12, as the second arm on an AMG Viella 12 using the TWIN armboard with OVAL SME mount adapter, or other turntables that accommodate this length.
US-based online magazine, Dagogo has just published their review of the AMG Giro G9 turntable with 9W2 tonearm and Teatro cartridge. Reviewer Jack Roberts praised the Giro and the entire AMG product line asserting, “Simply put, the AMG Giro is the best turntable I know of for less than $14,000 (USD), but the AMG V12 is simply one of the best turntables out there at any price.” Roberts concludes, “AMG has now given us two world class turntables, two world class tonearms and an incredible moving coil cartridge for the money. Not bad I’d say for a company’s first five products.”
- Patented Dual-pivot bearing
- Vertical bearing, similar to a technique used in the rotor heads of helicopters
- Uses two .5mm thick “spring steel wires,” allowing fine azimuth adjustment while eliminating bearing play
- Horizontal axle is a hardened tool steel, precision ground to a backlash-free git with a needle roller bearing
- It is extremely precise, maintenance free, and never requires adjustment
- Aircraft quality
- Anodized aluminum tube for resonance control
- 9 gram effective mass
- 2-piece with Teflon decoupled sleeve
Copper Internal Wiring:
- Multiple gauges of high quality copper
- Decoupled via ring magnet and 2-bar magnets
- Magnetic fields isolated in our patented bearing housing
- Precision locking system allowing easy adjustment during play
Effective Length: 229mm
Pivot to Spindle Length: 211 mm
Offset Angle: 24.07 degrees
Effective Mass: 9.1g
Null Points: Inner: 66 mm, Outer: 120.9 mm