Produsent: Ubiq Audio
back to the fundamentals of a lively,powerful and dynamic music reproduction
The birth of MODEL ONE is a direct result of Igor Kante's decades long quest for an affordable, relatively compact speaker system of the highest sound quality caliber.
Being an avid concertgoer he was mostly disappointed with the sound quality achievable even with very expensive audio gear. He always felt there must be ways to significantly improve the sound quality levels under the typical home conditions.
In recent years he re-discovered some of the legendary, classic speaker designs from the past like Altec and Acoustic Research.
The listening experiences with these designs were much more reminiscent of the sound he heard at concerts and certainly much more realistic than with the plethora of the modern speakers coming from the high end audio sector.
The idea of having the most desirable traits of the old school speaker designs (the authority, dynamics, overall believability) coupled to enhanced levels of transparency — under one hood, seemed very attractive and finally led to his decision to materialize such speaker under his own brand name.
So, rather than following the popular trends in speaker building we have chosen to follow the nature — getting as close as possible to the tonality and dynamics of live music.
Under the guidance of Igor Kante, a passionate, highly experienced audiophile and retailer, the main requirements for the speakers were set. Igor worked closely with the industrial designer Janez Mesaric and acoustic designer Miro Krajnc to form the basis for the speaker that will change the widespread notion of what is possible in this size and form.
Our team has always felt that visual aesthetics don't need to oppose the acoustic demands, but rather that they can go hand in hand with each other.
The combination of a simple and elegant outer shape is aided by some strikingly fresh visual details that result in a very harmonic overall aesthetic presentation. Every detail, and all technological aspects of our 3-way speakers, reflects the highest demands that we have put on them:
- All drivers have much bigger than average voice coil diameters (tweeter 38 mm, midrange 54 mm, woofer 76 mm).
- All drivers are made out of the time and again proven materials that have the least damaging sonic signature: Polyester and paper cones (no metals or ceramics here).
- The front baffle geometry and placement of the drivers were chosen with regard to the typical room conditions and corresponding acoustic demands.
- The woofer is placed at the point where it does not cause the damaging lower midrange/upper bass notch (typically between 100 and 200 Hz) that makes the majority of even very expensive speakers to sound thin and lifeless.
- This phenomena usually happens in relatively small rooms with speakers that have woofers located high off the ground.
- Lower midrange/upper bass is actually the key to realistic music reproduction. Various experienced music lovers describe it as: body, weight, density, authority, etc ... and we have ensured this crucial frequency spectrum is properly reproduced because without it the music will never sound realistic.
- The internal (outer) shape of the loudspeaker enclosure minimizes the internal reflections and makes the whole box less resonant.
- The box itself is made of Okoume wood (Aucoumea klaineana).
- The 12" woofer has an unusually large diameter voice coil (76 mm) with large vented pole piece and under-spider venting and is able to dissipate a lot of heat, meaning the thermal compression effects are very low. Also, the mechanical robustness is enhanced by the virtue of a very long X-max (cone linear travel).
- It operates in a closed box (no port) which guarantees highly dynamic and very precise bass reproduction without the susceptibility to infrasonic noise and, with it, the associated excessive cone motion of the ported box variety. Immunity to infrasonic noise is very desirable with analog turntable sources.
- The 8" midrange has a 54 mm diameter voice coil, neodymium magnet and an acoustically very well behaved paper cone. It operates in an aperiodically damped enclosure that minimizes the internal pressure on the midrange cone, resulting in a more natural and relaxed sound.
- The oversized 38 mm tweeter works in a specially designed waveguide and together they provide much higher than usual dynamics in the midrange/tweeter transition area and a smooth room power response. The tweeter reaches 30 kHz on axis, easily.
- The crossover network, the heart of each loudspeaker system, is point-to-point wired and uses carefully chosen crossover points and acoustic slopes that allow for the greatest micro and macro dynamics' responsiveness, as well as the greatest definition and transparency.
- The crossover components consist only of premium quality material placed in a strategically effective manner.
- Anechoic frequency response: 40 – 30.000 Hz, +/- 3 db
- Typicall in-room frequency response: 30 - 30.000Hz, +/- 3 db (since the woofer is a sealed design the low frequency extension can reach 25Hz depending on the placement)
- The speaker presents an easy electrical load for all amplifiers by the virtue of its linearized impedance (5 Ohm average).
- The outer shape and all of the thoughtful visual details speak of an elegant, timeless design that fits into every ambience and will be appreciated highly even for many decades to come.
- The speakers are broken-in during the factory testing phase and thus are immediately ready to perform on the highest sound quality level.
- Specifications: Tweeter 38 mm / Midrage 200 mm / Bass 300 mm / Sensitivity 88 db / Impedance 6 Ohm / Frequency response 40-30 kHz +/- 3 db / Power 200 W Continuous / Weight 42 kg
- Dimensions: 42 (W) x 37 (D) x 118 (H) cm
All of the above results in a frighteningly dynamic, powerful, precise, transparent and yet extremely involving sound reproduction.
The natural tonal colors of voices and instruments, along with the tremendous sense of authority and rock solid 3D stereo image, ensures an experience that simply must be heard to be believed and appreciated.
This speaker is almost impossible to bring to its knees in SPL terms; it favors no music genre over another and is at home with ultra high quality recordings as well as mediocre ones.
This means that finally (!) you will be able to enjoy your ENTIRE music collection and not only the »audiophile tagged one«. On the other hand, these speakers will allow you to hear the impact of every, and even the smallest change that you will bring into your system by means of different cabling, treatments, etc.
As all drivers are essentially fast by virtue of their constructional characteristics (low mechanical resistance and losses, powerful magnets) an added bonus comes in the form of excellent responsiveness at low to medium listening levels, making late night listening sessions highly enjoyable.
If the majority of current high-end audio loudspeaker offerings leave you wanting, delivering the thin, anemic, shrill, colorless, compressed sound — prepare yourself for the real thing: Ubiq Audio MODEL ONE brings huge joy to the music reproduction — again.
Experience the music in domestic environments in a way you thought was only possible at a live concert and this is precisely what sets MODEL ONE apart from the competition.
listening to your music collection at home will become thrilling in unimaginable ways